In this section you will learn how to:
- Assign your about us or contact page template
- Add a banner to your page
1. Assign your about us or contact page template
From the Shopify admin panel, you’ll want to navigate to Online Store > Pages, and then select either the about us page, or contact page (if they exist). If they do not, create them.
Once you’ve opened the page, scroll down and look for the “Template” section. From the dropdown there, select either “page.about” or “page.contact”
- The “page.about” template simply includes the support for a banner image.
- The “page.contact” template includes both a banner, and built in contact form.
Gif showing assignment of page template
2. Add a banner to your page
- Customize Theme > Change the end of the URL in your browser to /editor#/about-us (not that you must change ‘about-us’ to the corresponding handle for your about us or contact page).
- Once the page template has loaded, click the “About” or “Contact” section, which will then display an image upload area. Upload an image or select an existing image from your theme files.
- You can use the original height of the image with the "Image height" setting or select a height from the range slider (Only works if image height setting above is unchecked)
Example of setting up a banner