An example of a collection page, in the editor, that has one unique ad (which only shows up on this collection).
This guide will help you create ads which will be visible either on all collection pages or on the one that you define.
Note: This guide is written based on the collection-template.liquid
In this section you will learn how to:
- Add code that will enable unique collection ads
- Setup unique collections ads
1. Add code that will enable unique collection ads
From the Shopify Admin:
- Click "Online Store"
- Next to your copy of Loft, click "Actions"
- Click "Edit code"
- In the left sidebar, scroll down to "Sections" and click to open
- Click the file called "collection-template.liquid"
- Select all the text and replace it with the contents of this file.
2. Setup unique collection ads
- Once the code from step 1 has been added, load the Theme Editor (from your admin go to Themes > Click "Customize" next to the theme > From the Theme Editor, click on a collection, which will load the "Sections"
- Click the section called "Collection pages"
- Click "Add custom AD" (See Figure 1 below)
- This will create a new block on your collection page.
- Next, click the "Select collection" button, and choose the collection that your ad should display on (See Figure 2 below).
- NOTE: If you don't select any collection, the ad will be visible on ALL collection pages (and will act as a global collection ad).
Figure 1. Example of the menu to click in order to create a new ad block
Figure 2. Example of selecting the collection that the new ad should display on