This guide will help you to change the location of your collection's description from top to bottom, below your products and above the footer section.
Note: The guide is written based on the collection-template.liquid but, if your collection uses the collection-featured-template.liquid, you can add the code there also.
- Access your themes section
- Open the Loft theme code
- Add code
1. Access your themes section
Login to your Shopify admin, and then click “Online Store” (on the left side of the admin). This takes you to the “themes” area of your Shopify store.
Example themes section
2. Open the Loft theme code
Next, click the button that says “Actions” - followed by “Edit code” which will load the live code editor. It consists of a left hand sidebar, which lists all the files on Loft, along with a right hand code editing panel.
Shopify code editor
3. Add code
You need to add a few lines of code to the collection-template.liquid by doing the following steps:
- Search for the "Sections" folder
- Open the "collection-template.liquid" file
- Comment out lines 71-73
Note: We suggest to comment out and to not completely remove the code in case you change up your mind and want the initial location of the collection's description.
- Find this block of code -> on around line 140 (based on your theme's version) or hit ctrl+f(windows)/command+f(mac) on your keyboard and type the word "endpaginate"
- Add the following code above the step's 4 block of code
- Click "Save"