In this article we will walk you through the steps to quickly reproducing the homepage layout of the Kansas City and Lawrence demo stores without building them from scratch in the theme editor.
- Access your themes section
- Open the Loft theme code
- Update the existing snippet
- Copy the code from this file (for Kansas City) or this file (for Lawrence).
- Proceed with caution. Following this tutorial will result in the complete reset of any content you've added to your copy of Loft (we recommend making a backup of your theme first)
- This will not work on trial versions of Loft since you cannot access the code
- This is a retro-fit due to limitations with how Shopify handles "Style" - we wish there were an easier way to quickly change the homepage layout, but at the moment it is not possible.
1. Access your themes section
Login to your Shopify admin, and then click “Online Store” (on the left side of the admin). This takes you to the “themes” area of your Shopify store.
Example themes section.
2. Open the Loft theme code
Next, click the button that says “Actions” - followed by “Edit code” which will load the live code editor. It consists of a left hand sidebar, which lists all the files on Loft, along with a right hand code editing panel.
Shopify code editor
3. Update the existing snippet
On the left sidebar, scroll down to "Config" - click to open the folder. Then open the file named "settings_data.json"
Hit save, and you're good to go!